Motorcyclists are out in full force as weather warms up. That means it’s time for a refresher on motorcycle safety to help avoid accidents when out on the road.
Roughly 166 fatal motorcycle crashes occur every year in New York State, said Frekhtman & Associates Injury Lawyers, according to WETM. Though less common than automobile crashes, motorcycle crashes are more likely to result in death due to less protection.
Here are some helpful tips for riders to stay safe this season:
- Avoid speeding on highways and through busy intersections
- Wear protective leather gear and a full-face helmet at all times
- Proceed with extra caution when riding with a passenger
- For long rides, consider travelling with 1-2 others for safety
- Take a defensive driving course online or in-person
For more information, head to the New York State Motorcycle Safety Program’s website.
Get the latest headlines delivered to your inbox each morning. Sign up for our Morning Edition to start your day. FL1 on the Go! Download the free FingerLakes1.com App for Android (All Android Devices) or iOS (iPhone, iPad).