Skip to content
Home » Valentine's Day » Medicare: I have Part A, how do I get Part B?

Medicare: I have Part A, how do I get Part B?

Millions of Americans use Medicare as their primary source of healthcare coverage, but there are different parts.

Medicare health insurance card representing Part A and B in front of an American flag

Some people are enrolled in Part A already, but for whatever reason aren’t enrolled in Part B.

So how do you go about getting enrolled in Medicare Part B in you’re already in Part A?

Is mental health covered under insurance?

Enrolling in Medicare Part B

You may apply for Part B only during the Special Enrollment Period.

The application can be completed online here.

You can upload any required documents.

You may fax or mail the application forms plus evidence of employment to your local Social Security office.

If you have any questions regarding enrollment, call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213.

TRICARE coverage and Medicare explained

Forms necessary for enrolling in Medicare Part B

There are two forms you need to submit for Medicare Part B.

First is Form CMS-40B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare – Part B.

Next is Form CMS-L564, Request for Employment Information.

When you complete these forms you must state “I want Part B coverage to begin (insert date in MM/YY format)” in the remarks section for CMS-40B.

Complete Section B if your employer is unable to the best you can.

Finger Lakes Partners (Billboard)

Medicare: Different parts explained

You need one of the following documents as additional evidence

  • Income tax returns with health insurance premiums
  • W-2s with medical contributions
  • Pay stubs with premium deductions
  • Health insurance cards with an effective date
  • Statements or receipts showing payment of health insurance premiums
Categories: News