Exchange trading is available online, so almost anyone can access it. But without special knowledge and training, you can quickly spend money and get disappointed. It is important to delve into the topic and learn the subtleties of trading. It is not easy for beginners to make money on the stock exchange, but with the help of consultations and specialists, you can understand all the nuances. It is worth using the services of a broker, a professional participant in the securities market and the foreign exchange market who acts as an intermediary between investors and the exchange.
There are different exchanges: stock, currency, commodities, and futures.
Everyone knows the stock exchange, or securities market. It is based on securities—stocks and bonds. This is a popular platform for attracting investments. To understand how to make money on the stock exchange, it is better to start with bonds. Also, one of the promising areas is Forex trading. It is a global marketplace that operates 24/7 from Monday to Friday.
The main advantages of earning money on the stock exchange are:
- independence from the employer;
- a good source of income (it can be primary or additional);
- opportunity to receive passive income;
- a chance to start earning even with a small start-up capital;
- interesting analytical work;
- perspective (income depends on the trader’s abilities, knowledge, and experience).
All actions on the exchange should be thought out and systematized. To do this, you need to decide on a practical trading strategy. The broker is able to do all this and applies it in practice.
Who is a broker?
A broker is a company with a special license that registers a client on the stock market, assigns codes for completed transactions, keeps records of funds and assets, and makes calculations.
How does the broker work?
A broker is a person who performs intermediary functions.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the broker are:
- Open an account through which the client will trade assets.
- Keep records of the funds and property transferred by the client.
- Register on the exchange and assign special codes for the purchase and sale of assets.
- Fully informed about the course of trading and the status of the account balance.
- Accept applications for the purchase or sale of securities.
- Carry out all settlements on transactions—transfer money and assets. Make reports on transactions and capital movements.
- Track the payment of taxes, the value of acquired assets, etc.
Advantages of cooperation with a broker
You can’t do without a broker if you want to trade on the stock exchange. But in addition to mediation itself, brokerage services have a number of advantages:
- You do not need to execute transactions and related documents yourself.
- You get access to a convenient interface for stock trading.
- You can request information and analytical support.
- If you are not ready to manage the account yourself, hire a trustee.
Choosing a reliable broker
The financial services market has its own leaders—brokers with the largest number of active clients, accounts, and good reviews on the network. The services they offer are worth paying attention to first. Find out more about the best brokers on specialized resources that track all changes and provide up-to-date information.
A competent and responsible choice of a brokerage company for subsequent cooperation is a responsible decision. It is necessary to pay attention to several criteria. The first is the availability of a license. You can check it directly on the website of the securities market regulator. The business reputation of the brokerage company and the information on numerous thematic sites should confirm its reliability and efficiency.