As families continue to feel the impact of inflation, many are looking for places to cut costs.
Walmart has store-brand items that come at a reduced price, but don’t compromise quality.
What items does Walmart offer that are as good as name-brand?
An easy way to save is buying store-brand goods, rather than name-brand ones. However, many people are nervous to make the switch because they don’t want to compromise quality. Here are 7 Walmart items that are just as good as name-brand:
- Potato chips
- Walmart’s great value brand potato chips will satisfy your craving, while saving you money. Plus, you get the same 13oz bag for less money than the name-brand competitors.
- Saltine crackers
- The store-brand 16-oz box of saltines sells for $1.12, but the same size name-brand version sells for $3.28.
- Walmart’s Ozark Trail tumbler is comparable to brands like Yeti. There are over 3,600 customer reviews, with the average rating being 4.7 stars. Plus, it is only a fraction of the cost. At Walmart, these sell for $18.08.
- You can check store-brand versus name-brand products by reading the ingredient list. Walmart’s brand Equate have many of the same or similar ingredients to top brands like Eucerin, CeraVe, and Aveeno.
- Medications and supplements
- Medications and supplements offered at Walmart are FDA-regulated and must have the same active ingredients as name-brand medications.
- Baby supplies
- Walmart’s Parent’s Choice line of baby products are comparable to name-brands. For example, their diapers average 11 cents each, while Pampers are around 28 cents.
- Coffee pods
- If you use coffee pods, Walmart offers a variety of flavors for a fraction of the cost.