A small fire at the business office at the Wayne County Nursing Home was put out without any injuries.
An electronic device in the office started smoking, then caught fire, according to officials.
The fire suppression system activated in the room, resulting in thousands of gallons of water to be released onto the space.
The business office was flooded.
Residential areas were not impacted, but family visitation was paused for a brief period while crews worked in the office.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].