Editor’s Note: The following is a monthly feature written by Kyle Black of Seneca Meadows.
At Seneca Meadows we have traffic flow plans and patterns in place along with maps that identify potential “hot zones” where there is a higher potential for dangerous situations. We also train our team to maintain a big picture view when driving. One strategy to accomplish this is – leaving yourself an out.
Strategies to leave yourself an out:
– Create space between you and other vehicles.
– Adjust speed and vehicle position to create space.
– Always leave the front and one side open to be able to make a space creating maneuver.
– Avoid tailgaters and let them pass.
– Understand traffic patterns and stay within those patterns.
Get the latest headlines delivered to your inbox each morning. Sign up for our Morning Edition to start your day. FL1 on the Go! Download the free FingerLakes1.com App for Android (All Android Devices) or iOS (iPhone, iPad).