Editor’s Note: The following is a monthly feature written by Kyle Black of Seneca Meadows.
At Seneca Meadows we have traffic flow plans and patterns in place along with maps that identify potential “hot zones” where there is a higher potential for dangerous situations. We also train our team to maintain a big picture view when driving. One strategy to accomplish this is – leaving yourself an out.
Strategies to leave yourself an out:
– Create space between you and other vehicles.
– Adjust speed and vehicle position to create space.
– Always leave the front and one side open to be able to make a space creating maneuver.
– Avoid tailgaters and let them pass.
– Understand traffic patterns and stay within those patterns.
Have a letter to the editor, op-ed, or other piece of content you’d like to see published on FingerLakes1.com? We’re here to help! Submit it to [email protected] with your contact information and we’ll publish it in our new ‘Community Voices’ section.