The Oneida Indian Nation, who operates three casinos in the region – including the Yellow Brick Road and Turning Stone – say they will reopen next month.
It is slated to start on June 10th.
This comes as there is no clear plan or timeline to reopen non-Indian owned casinos in New York.
The Oneida Nation plans to open its gaming areas, hotels, and restaurants. However, there are a few stipulations.
– No guests will be allowed in if they’re traveling more than 120 miles, and information could be needed to allow for contact tracing.
– No concerts or shows will occur until mass gatherings are safe.
– Face coverings for employees and guests will be required.
– Temperature checks of employees will occur daily.
– All patrons must remain six feet apart in restaurants and bars.
Officials in Oneida and Madison counties have shared their support for the phased reopening. They tell LocalSYR that they are working closely with the Nation to ensure that opening occurs safely.