Judge Craig Doran was named the administrative judge for the 7th Judicial District.
Chief Administrative Judge Lawrence K. Marks, with the approval of Chief Judge Janet DiFiore made the announcement in consultation with Presiding Justices Gerald J. Whalen of the Appellate Division.
As Administrative Judge, Judge Doran supervises the operations of the courts in the eight counties of the 7JD including Cayuga, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates.
Supervising judges have been announced as follows in the district:
- Hon. Richard Dollinger, Supervising Judge for Matrimonial Matters
- Hon. John Gallagher, Supervising Judge for the Family Courts
- Hon. Teresa Johnson, Supervising Judge for City Courts including Rochester City
- Hon. Stephen Miller, Supervising Judge for the Town and Village Courts (Cayuga,
- Hon. Alex Renzi, Supervising Judge for the Criminal Courts
- Hon. Judith Sinclair, Supervising Judge for the Town and Village Courts
(Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Yates), Co-Chair of the 7th JD
Administrative Judge Task Force
- Hon. Ann Marie Taddeo, Acting Administrative Judge
District-Wide Coordinating Judges
- Hon. Vincent Dinolfo, District-Wide Coordinating Judge for Treatment Courts
- Hon. Daniel Doyle, District-Wide Coordinating Judge for Foreclosure Cases
- Hon. Thomas Moran, District-Wide Coordinating Judge for Town and Village
- Hon. William Taylor, District-Wide Coordinating Judge for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Matters
In addition to the judges noted above, Judge Doran has asked the Hon. John Elliott, Lead Judge of the Rochester Treatment Courts; Cynthia Snodgrass, Esq., Co-Chair of the 7th Judicial District Administrative Judge Task Force; and the Hon. James Walsh, Chair of the Wellness Committee, to serve on the 7JD Leadership Team.
Judge Doran stated, “I am honored and humbled to be re-appointed to the position of Administrative Judge for the 7JD by our Chief Administrative Judge Lawrence K. Marks, with the continued support of Chief Judge Janet DiFiore, and the four presiding justices of the Appellate Divisions. The 7JD Leadership Team will provide strong guidance and support for the more than 800 justices, judges and town and village justices, and employees of the 7JD as we work to advance the core mission of the courts of the State of New York – promoting the rule of law and serving the public by providing just and timely resolution of all matters before the courts.” Doran added, “We are committed to supporting the Chief Judge’s Court Consolidation Plan which will bring much needed reform to the overly complex court structure and we continue our dedication to the Chief Judge’s Excellence Initiative as we implement our plan to introduce Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) into all civil cases and improve the level of service to the citizens of this state.”
To have the latest delivered to your smartphone or tablet – download the FingerLakes1.com App for Android and iOS. Follow the links below to download the app now! – Android (All Android Devices) – iOS (iPhone, iPad)