The Auburn Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Walnut Street Tuesday evening.
The call came in around 11:30 p.m., according to fire officials.
According to The Citizen, the sole resident of the house is Colleen Philips, 63, who was not home at the time of the fire.
Her dog, was inside, but rescued and given oxygen.
Firefighters were still working on the blaze into the early-morning hours of Wednesday.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
This content is brought to you by the FingerLakes1.com Team. Support our mission by visiting www.patreon.com/fl1 or learn how you send us your local content here.