Two utility vehicles are being recalled by Intimidator following reports of crash hazards.
The recall was issued on June 9, 2022.
A remedy to repair the issue is being offered to owners of impacted vehicles.
Why are these UTVs being issued a recall?
This will cause the brakes to fail so the vehicle won’t stop, potentially causing a crash.
In addition to this issue, on some Model Year 2022 Intimidator GC1K vehicles there is another issue.
The onboard software doesn’t stop drivers from going over 15 miles per hour if the seatbelt isn’t buckled.
Which UTVs have the recall?
The following models are recalled
- Intimidator GC1K Classic 2018-2022
- Intimidator GC1K Crew 2019-2022
- Intimidator GC1K Truck 2019-2022
- Intimidator 750 Classic 2013-2022
- Intimidator 750 Crew 2014-2022
- Intimidator 750 Truck 2013-2022
- Intimidator 800 Classic 2015-2018
- Intimidator 800 Crew 2015-2018
- Intimidator 800 Enforcer 2016-2018
- Intimidator 1000 Series Diesel Classic 2013-2022
- Intimidator 1000 Series Diesel Crew 2013-2022
- Intimidator 1000 Series Diesel Truck 2013-2022
- Mahindra 750 Classic 2015-2020
- Mahindra 750 Crew 2015-2020
- Mahindra 750 Truck 2015-2020
- Mahindra TGB Classic 2015-2020
- Mahindra TGB Crew 2015-2020
- Mahindra 1000 Diesel Classic 2015-2020
- Mahindra 1000 Diesel Crew 2015-2020
- Mahindra 1000 Diesel Truck 2015-2020
These models come in various colors, with “Intimidator” or “Mahindra” displayed on the front grill.
The model series can be found on the rear side panels of the UTV.
The VIN can be located in the glove box, under the hood, and under the driver’s seat.
Serial numbers impacted are between 000000 and 010545.
If your UTV is impacted
If your vehicle is part of the recall, stop using it immediately and contact Intimidator of Mahindra dealerships to schedule the repair and software fix if necessary.
These repairs are free.
To date there have been 393 reports of the throttle cable freezing and 4 reports of injuries with bruising.
No reports of injuries or issues were reported related to the speed issue without the seatbelt buckled.
Impacted vehicles were sold nationwide at Intimidator and Mahindra dealerships between Aug. 2013 and Feb. 2022.
The vehicles cost between $11,000 and $21,500.