The public is invited to attend a joint meeting of Canandaigua town officials next week where 2022 strategic goals for the town will be discussed.
The joint meeting includes the Town Board, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, and Environmental Conservation Board and will be held on Monday, June 6 at 6 p.m. in the lower level of the Town Hall located at 5440 Route 5 & 20 West in Canandaigua.
Town of Canandaigua’s 2022 Strategic Goals
The following 2022 Strategic Goals for the Town will be discussed:
- Encourage continued agricultural use of viable farmland and discourage development of those parcels by directing developers to more appropriate locations within the Town such as the three identified growth nodes
- Permanently protect lands with natural resource significance and support recreation on protected lands
- Promote housing and development growth within identified growth nodes and discourage development in environmentally sensitive areas
- Support the development of affordable housing options and affordable transportation options for the local workforce
- Invest in construction of roads, sidewalks, and bike lanes
You can find more information, including how to join the meeting virtual and who to contact with questions, here.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]