In celebration of Older American’s Month, the Livingston County Board of Supervisors has proclaimed the week of May 8-14, 2022, as Nursing Home Week throughout the County.
To recognize Nursing Home Week, the Livingston County Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation (LCCNR) will host several events for residents and staff throughout the week. This year’s theme is “Under the Sea.” Events will include:
· Flower deliveries for residents and staff on Mother’s Day
· Ice cream and tropical shirt day on May 10
· Staff appreciation day on May 12
The County’s proclamation states:
· We as Americans experience aging as the natural order of life, live longer than at any time in the past, and seek to maintain our highest level of physical function in periods of infirmity.
· Nursing homes at the local, state and national level provide skilled nursing and rehabilitative care for injured, disabled, or sick persons who require chronic or restorative nursing care.
· The nursing homes in Livingston County provide a high quality of care and services to meet the needs of Livingston County residents and the greater community.
· Nursing homes are a vital component of the local economy providing employment and economic activity beneficial to the community.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]