There is just one day left for two UBI payment programs that could give struggling Americans payments each month worth $1,000s.
The deadline is Wednesday, April 13, which is today.
These are two different programs.
UBI program in Los Angeles
This program will give residents who qualify $1,000 per month for three years.
This means they will see a total of $36,000 by the end.
Apply here for the program, and participants are chosen at random.
Qualifications for the UBI “Breathe” program
- Must be 18 or older
- If single, have a household income below 100% of LA’s AMI
- If multiple member household, have an income below 120% of the AMI
- Prove you were negatively impacted by the pandemic financially
- Must not be receiving financial help from other UBI programs
UBI program in New York City
The Bridge Project is based out of New York City.
The program began in July of 2021 and is now starting round 2.
This is the first guaranteed income program the city has offered.
The first round chose 50 mothers to give $500 to every two weeks for three years.
This round will give 50 mothers $1,000 per month for three years.
You can apply for the program here.
Qualifications for The Bridge Project UBI program
- You must be expecting a child
- Your annual household income must be below $52,000
- Anyone applying needs to live in a NYC zip code
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].