I originally wrote this a couple of years ago for my previous site, but it’s just as relevant today.
1) The one where the grumpy “bah, humbug” guy learns the true meaning of Christmas at about 11:45 on Christmas Eve, then it starts snowing.
2) The one where the family home/business/town landmark is in danger from the evil, big city developer, but everyone bands together to save it at about 11:45 on Christmas Eve, then it starts snowing.
3) The one where the couple who should clearly, obviously be together spend 90 minutes denying it, then get together and it starts snowing.
4) The one where one member of the obviously should be together couple decides to leave for the shiny, new opportunity far, far away, then changes his or her mind and makes a surprise return, usually at the school/town Christmas concert.
5) The one where the obviously should be together couple doesn’t get together because of a missed message or other mix up. But then they do and it starts snowing.
6) The one where one member of the obviously should be together couple misinterprets a friendly kiss/hug viewed at a distance as evidence the other member wants to be with someone else, but it works out in the end and it starts snowing.
7) The one where the guy is engaged to the overbearing, dominating woman and realizes at about 11:45 on Christmas Eve that he was meant to be with the nice, loving one…..then it starts snowing.
8) The one that stars Candace Cameron Bure and/or Lacey Chabert.
9) The one where the older, but still very attractive actress plays Candace Cameron Bure’s and/or Lacey Chabert’s mother and dispenses valuable words of wisdom.
10) The one set in the charming Rocky Mountain village.
11) The one starring the rugged looking guy with an old pickup truck and a dog. Could be a country artist. Often combined with number 10.
12) The one with the ads for Medicare supplement policies and reverse mortgages.
Merry Christmas, everyone!