Residents were able to escape injury after a house fire in Bristol, but one firefighter was sent to the hospital.
Deputies responded with the Bristol Fire Department to the report of a chimney fire at 7296 Gregg Rd. It happened on Sunday around 5 p.m.
A second alarm was prompted after the first units arrived on scene, which resulted in Bloomfield, Cheshire, Richmond, Victor, and Naples assisting.
A firefighter suffered a back injury at the scene and was transported to Thompson Hospital for evaluation.
Fire personnel were able to extinguish the fire quickly and residents were able to exit without injury, deputies said.
The damage was contained to the chimney-area of the home.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].