The Steuben County Public Health Department received notification that five Steuben County residents tested positive for COVID-19.
It brings the total to 342 confirmed cases, 13 of which are active. The individuals are residents of the Town of Bath, and the Village of Bath.
The individuals are isolated and being monitored by the County Health Department. Public Health staff investigated and identified close contacts of the confirmed cases and exposure risks. All those known to have direct contact with the individuals have been notified.
Per CDC and New York State Department of Health guidance, information is collected beginning 48 hours prior to symptom onset or date of test if asymptomatic through the day of the positive test result to identify any potential exposure risks. The investigations indicate all of the individuals are employees of the Fred & Harriett Taylor Health Center and reported visiting the follow locations within the investigation timeframe:
- 9/3/20 – Walmart in Painted Post
- 9/7/20 – Walmart in Painted Post
- 9/7/20 or 9/8/20 – Dollar General on State Route 415 in Bath
- 9/7/20 or 9/8/20 – Angry Oven Pizza in Bath
- 9/8/20 Morning – Bath Chiropractic and Wellness
- 9/8/20 Afternoon – Peacock’s Hometown Barber Shop in Bath
- 9/9/20 – Animal Adventure Park in Harpursville
- 9/9/20 Evening – Texas Roadhouse in Horseheads
- 9/10/20 Morning – Rice’s Auto Center in Corning
- 9/11/20 Evening – Liberty Street Pub in Bath
- 9/12/20 Afternoon – Walmart in Hornell
- 9/12/20 Afternoon – Wegmans in Hornell
- 9/13/20 Evening – Tops in Bath
“It is concerning to see a handful of new cases from a nursing facility now,” said Public Health Director, Darlene Smith. “The New York State Department of Health will be investigating further, and testing of all residents and staff is expected to be completed this week. We need all community members to continue to wear masks and social distance to slow any potential spread outside the facility.”
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]