The four game winning streak for Syracuse (4-2, 0-1 ACC) came to an end Wednesday night at the Barclays Center as the Orange were defeated, 86-72, by Oklahoma State in the first round of the NIT Season Tip-Off. Elijah Hughes posted a career-high 28 points in the loss.
Hughes finished 8-for-15 from the field with five 3-pointers and 7-of-8 free throws made. Joseph Girard III also finished in double figures with 12 points.
GAME RECAP LINKS:
- OKLAHOMA STATE DOWNS ORANGE, 86-72 (Cuse.com)
- Foul trouble dooms Syracuse basketball in 86-72 loss to Oklahoma State (Syracuse.com)
- Oklahoma State 86 – Syracuse 72: Orange fall to Cowboys in Brooklyn (TNIAAM)
- SU basketball box score vs. Oklahoma State (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse basketball collapses under Oklahoma State pressure at Barclays (Inside The Loud House)
- Takeaways: Oklahoma State ravages Syracuse in transition (TNIAAM)
JIM BOEHEIM’S POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCE:
Syracuse goes on the road for the first time this season for a pair of games at the Barclays Center for the NIT Season Tipoff, starting Wednesday, Nov. 27. The Orange take on Oklahoma State at 7 p.m.
Syracuse (4-1, 0-1) extended its winning streak to four with a 97-46 victory against Bucknell on Saturday. The Orange’s 97 points were the most this season and highest total since a 99-point showing against Boston University in 2016.
Oklahoma State is one of 39 Division I teams that remain undefeated as it has started the season with five consecutive wins. The Cowboys are coming off a 70-63 victory against Western Michigan in Stillwater last Friday.
GAME PREVIEW LINKS:
- ORANGE, COWBOYS MEET WEDNESDAY (Cuse.com)
- 6 numbers to know for Syracuse basketball’s matchup with Oklahoma State (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse men’s basketball vs. Oklahoma State preview: Five things to watch (TNIAAM)
- Syracuse basketball begins critical 5-game stretch with trip to New York City (Syracuse.com)
- Syracuse basketball must solve Oklahoma State defense at Barclays (Inside The Loud House)
- Syracuse men’s basketball vs. Oklahoma State: TV/streaming, time, odds, history & more (TNIAAM)