Skip to content
Home » Cayuga County » Auburn » Strip mall evacuated near Auburn after fire, gas leak

Strip mall evacuated near Auburn after fire, gas leak

Multiple stores were evacuated outside of Auburn on Friday after a reported fire above the OneMain Financial building.

The report at the location, which is near Chilis, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s and Home Depot – initially came in as a building fire.

Crews from Aurelius, Fleming, Owasco, and Throop were all on-scene.

First responders could be seen on the rooftop of the building. They noted at the scene that multiple gas leaks were reported along the rooftop.

As a precaution – stores around the OneMain location were evacuated.

No additional information was immediately available. This story will be updated throughout the afternoon and evening.

Submitted photo.

To have the latest updates, information, and headlines delivered to your smartphone or tablet – download the App for Android and iOS. Follow the links below to download the app now! Android (All Android Devices) iOS (iPhone, iPad)