A swift response from the Auburn Fire Department quelled a potentially hazardous blaze caused by an improperly placed fire pit on Thursday afternoon, prompting a reminder to the public to adhere to the city’s recreational burning regulations.
The Citizen reports the Auburn FD received a call around 3:42 p.m. regarding a fire at 29 Seymour St., which was located too close to the residence.
The fire was extinguished within 10 minutes, preventing any significant damage to the structure and displacement of the residents.
In light of the incident, the fire department urges residents to review and comply with the city’s regulations available at auburnny.gov, which include maintaining a safe distance of at least 25 feet from any structures, using only approved burning materials, ensuring the fire is constantly attended until fully extinguished, and having fire extinguishing equipment on hand.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].