Downtown Auburn has a new live music venue.
Nuclear Ukulele to play first show in Wednesday series
Work on the State St. Event Plaza at the site of the former Kalet Department Store is complete and Nuclear Ukulele will play Wednesday night in the first of five Wednesday night summer concerts at the plaza. Auburn City Clerk Chuck Mason says he was at the site last week watching workers put on the finishing touches.
The City of Auburn Department of Parks and Recreation is pleased to announce a new music series will be launched in the month of August to debut the City’s new downtown State Street Public Plaza located at 1-7 State Street. Every Wednesday evening from 5:30 – 7:30 pm will feature music on the new plaza with the following bands scheduled:
- Wednesday, August 3 at 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. State Street Event Plaza Concert with Nuclear Ukelele
- Wednesday, August 10 at 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. State Street Event Plaza Concert with music by Jim VanArsdale & Connie Patti
- Wednesday, August 17 at 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. State Street Event Plaza Concert with Tommy & Vinny the Jukebox Duo
- Wednesday, August 24 at 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. State Street Event Plaza Concert with Sydney Irving
- Wednesday, August 31 at 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. State Street Event Plaza Concert with Honky Tonk Hindooz
Visit downtown on Wednesday evenings this August and check out Auburn’s newest public plaza. For more information on the State Street Live Music Series contact Kim Bauso at the City of Auburn Department of Parks & Recreation by phone at 315-255-4737 or email [email protected].
Two Friday shows scheduled at State St. band shell
SAVE THE DATES! ‘Music on the Mall’ returns with 2 Live Music Fridays this summer in downtown at the State Street Band Shell!
- State Street ‘Music on the Mall’ – Friday, August 12th, 7 – 10 p.m. free concert with Psychedelic Sushi.
- State Street ‘Music on the Mall’ – Friday, September 9th, 7 – 10 p.m. free concert with Qwister.
Listen to my full Inside the FLX conversation with Auburn City Clerk Chuck Mason below.