HeatSmart FLX South Presents its first Open-House series this June through September.
Enjoy free, family friendly, in-person, and virtual opportunities to check out heat pumps for clean heating and cooling. Visit your neighbor’s home or local small business and find out why they decided to “Heat Smart, Cool Smart,” ask questions, and see the technology.
Open-Houses in-person will run for 3 hours with mini-tours provided as folks accumulate; you may come and go throughout this time as you please. Complimentary KN95 masks will be provided; please respect each homeowner’s/business’ wishes. Complementary light snacks will be provided.
The Virtual Tour on July 31, 2022, will take place online via Zoom. Have accessibility needs? Let your HeatSmart Campaign Director know so we can try to accommodate. A call-in option is available. Slides and the recording will be made available and hosted on the HeatSmart FLX South website (https://www.heatsmartflxsouth.org/events).
Participants at each tour will be entered into a raffle for a $10 gift card to a local hardware store. People who attend 3 plus events will be entered for a $50 gift card.
If needed due to COVID, in-person tours may switch to online.
Pre-registration is required, so HeatSmart FLX South can let hosts know you will be attending.
- June 7, Tuesday, 4-7pm, Seneca with Bob and Kathy Romick at 2178 Grove St. Lodi, NY 14860 – Ground Source Heat Pump and Heat Pump Water Heater
- June 12, Sunday from 2-5pm, Seneca with Lodi Whittier Library at 8484 S. Main St., Lodi, NY 14860 – Ground Source Heat Pump
- June 30, Thursday from 3-6pm, Seneca with Sheldrake Point Winery at 7448 County Road 153, Ovid, NY 14521 – Ground Source Heat Pump
- July 13, Wednesday from 9-12pm, Yates with Oak Hill Bulk Foods at 3173 State Route 14a, Penn Yan, NY 14527 – Air Source Heat Pump Mini-Split
- July 19, Tuesday from 1-4pm, Schuyler with Nancy & Charlie Cole at 4937 Sunset Shores Rd. Burdett, NY 14818 – Air Source Heat Pump Min-Split
- July 31, Sunday from 2-3pm, Schuyler with Rebecca O’Keefe and Nick LaVigne via Zoom – Ground Source Heat Pump
- August 3, Wednesday from 5-8pm, Steuben with Tess and Sean McKinley at 158 East Morris Street Bath, NY 14810 – Air Source Heat Pump Mini-Split and Other Variations
- August 13, Saturday from 9-12pm, Schuyler with David and Mary Martin at 5236 Cty. Rd. 4 Burdett, NY 14841 – Partial Home Air Source Heat Pump Mini-Split
- August 22, Monday from 2-5pm, Steuben with Kevin Gallagher at 2880 Chequers Cir., Big Flats, NY 14814 – Heat Pump Water Heater
- September 7, Wednesday from 1-4pm, Schuyler with the Village of Hall of Montour Falls at 408 Main St., Montour Falls, NY 14865 – Air Source Heat Pump Mini-Split
- September 18, Sunday from 2-5pm, Schuyler with Liz Martin and Matthew Glen at 3859 Dugue Rd. Hector, NY 14841 – Air Source Heat Pump Mini-Split
About the program: HeatSmart FLX South is helping families, small businesses and non-profits choose clean heating and cooling solutions and to reduce their energy costs, lower greenhouse gas emissions, and increase health and safety. Through free consultations with residents and business the program connects folks to free energy audits (for homes)/low-cost energy studies (for businesses), weatherization, and energy efficiency upgrades tailored to each person. The goal is for more residents and businesses to adopt heat pump equipment for clean heating and cooling to lower energy use for consumers and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
HeatSmart FLX South serves Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, and Yates counties, in cooperation with the Cooperative Extension Associations of those counties and is supported by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority Clean Heating & Cooling Communities program.
For more information, please contact Erica Herman (HeatSmart FLX South Campaign Director) via e-mail at [email protected] or call 607-535-7161 x 3223.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]