In order to qualify for SSDI, you must meet a set of requirements.
Through SSDI, eligible individuals and family members will receive a benefit.
How much will my Social Security benefit increase if I wait to file?
What are the SSDI qualifications?
If you are looking to apply for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) it is important to understand the qualifications first. There is a working requirement and paid tax earnings. Find additional details here.
Social Security has their own definition of disability that you will need to fit in order to get the benefit. this program only pays for full disability. There are other programs that provide assistance for partial or short term disability.
You may see you application get rejected unless you can prove that:
- Due to your medical condition, you cannot work and engage in substantial gainful activity (SGA).
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last at least one year or result in death.
You will need to have some information about yourself in order to apply. You may be able to apply online if:
- You are at least 18 years old
- Currently are not receiving benefits on your Social Security record
- Are unable to work due to a medical condition that is expected to last at least 1 year or result in death
- Have not been denied for disability within the last 60 days
Tax Free Day: Florida is having ten holidays for tax free items in 2022
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]