As inflation continues to plague the United States, one state has decided to host various tax free holidays to help lift the some of the burden for its residents.
This means an array of different products will be tax free when purchased at certain times.
The state doing this is Florida, and the bill was recently approved by Governor Ron DeSantis.
This is one of the largest middle class tax relief packages in the state, according to Florida House Speaker Chris Sprowls.
The ten tax free days happening in 2022
The total amount of tax relief for all ten holidays in $1.24 billion dollars.
The time frames for different products vary, but run between May 14 and Oct. 31, 2022.
Things like disaster preparedness products, school supplies, baby items, and appliances will be tax free.
Save Cash: These 10 holidays will help you save $100s
The tax free holidays and their timeframes
- Children’s books, May 14- Aug. 14, 2022
- Disaster preparedness supplies, May 28- June 10, 2022
- Event tickets and recreation, July 1-7, 2022
- Diapers, July 1, 2022- June 30, 2023
- Baby clothing and shoes, July 1, 2022- June 30, 2023
- Energy star appliances, July 1, 2022- June 30, 2023
- Windows, doors and garage doors that are impact resistant, July 1, 2022- June 30, 2024
- School supplies, kids clothes and shoes, backpacks, July 25- Aug. 7, 2022
- Tools, Sept. 3-9, 2022
- Gas taxes, Oct. 1-31, 2022
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]