Millions of Americans will start getting their monthly Social Security payments today.
However, not everyone will get a check today because distribution is based on birth date.
April payment schedule
Social Security benefits are calculated based on COLA. There has been a 5.9% rise in COLA. It has brought the average monthly benefit to $1,657. Additional details available here.
The day you’ll get your benefit depends on the day you were born. The schedule for April goes as follows:
- Birthdate between the 1st and 10th- payment deposited on the second Wednesday of the month: April 13
- Birthdate between the 11th and 20th- payment deposited on the third Wednesday of the month: April 20
- Birthdate between the 21st and 31st- payment deposited on the fourth Wednesday of the month: April 27
The payment schedule for the rest of 2022
The birth date distribution days remain the same but the exact dates are as follows:
- Second Wednesday: May 11
- Third Wednesday: May 18
- Fourth Wednesday: May 25
- Second Wednesday: June 8
- Third Wednesday: June 15
- Fourth Wednesday: June 22
- Second Wednesday: July 13
- Third Wednesday: July 20
- Fourth Wednesday: July 27
- Second Wednesday: August 10
- Third Wednesday: August 17
- Fourth Wednesday: August 24
- Second Wednesday: September 14
- Third Wednesday: September 21
- Fourth Wednesday: September 28
- Second Wednesday: October 12
- Third Wednesday: October 19
- Fourth Wednesday: October 26
- Second Wednesday: November 9
- Third Wednesday: November 16
- Fourth Wednesday: November 23
- Second Wednesday: December 14
- Third Wednesday: December 21
- Fourth Wednesday: December 28
The Social Security Administration will announce the COLA for 2023 in the fall if prices continue to rise.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].