Millions of Americans struggling with rent will soon catch a break in the form of cash from a stimulus program.
Those benefitting are residents of Huntsville, Alabama and could see payments out of the $4.7 million dollar Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
This funding is to help those impacted by COVID-19.
How to be eligible for the stimulus cash
- Your income must be at or below the area median income
- You must show you have instability with housing or unsafe conditions
- Your rental unit must be your primary residence
- It must be within the city limits of Huntsville
- At least one person in the home has to qualify for unemployment
Who will see the stimulus cash first?
The money for this year will go toward those who may be immediately evicted.
Applications can be submitted here.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]