Programs run by the Social Security Administration, including SSI and SSDI, are seeing major boosts for 2022.
This is thanks to the 5.9% COLA increase, which is high due to the rate of inflation.
Anyone with a birthday between the 1st and 20th of any given month has already seen their newly boosted Social Security checks for the month of January.
The final wave will go out to anyone with a birthday that lands on the 21st through the end of the month next week on Jan. 26.
The payment schedule for other programs run by the SSA have different payment dates, while some follow the Social Security schedule.
SSI: Getting both SSI and Social Security payments to increase benefits
SSDI and SSI payment schedules
SSDI, or Social Security Disability Income, typically follows the same schedule as regular Social Security payments. This is only true for those that began claiming after 1997.
SSI payments are normally sent on the first of the month, unless it’s a holiday.
SSI recipients were sent payments for Jan. 2022 on Dec. 30, 2021. This means they won’t see a check until Feb.
Here are all the payment schedules for Social Security, SSDI, and SSI in 2022
SSI: Do I qualify for SSI payments?
Social Security and SSDI for those that began collecting SSDI after 1997
- Second Wednesday: January 12
- Third Wednesday: January 19
- Fourth Wednesday: January 26
- Second Wednesday: February 9
- Third Wednesday: February 16
- Fourth Wednesday: February 23
- Second Wednesday: March 9
- Third Wednesday: March 16
- Fourth Wednesday: March 23
- Second Wednesday: April 13
- Third Wednesday: April 20
- Fourth Wednesday: April 27
- Second Wednesday: May 11
- Third Wednesday: May 18
- Fourth Wednesday: May 25
- Second Wednesday: June 8
- Third Wednesday: June 15
- Fourth Wednesday: June 22
- Second Wednesday: July 13
- Third Wednesday: July 20
- Fourth Wednesday: July 27
- Second Wednesday: August 10
- Third Wednesday: August 17
- Fourth Wednesday: August 24
- Second Wednesday: September 14
- Third Wednesday: September 21
- Fourth Wednesday: September 28
- Second Wednesday: October 12
- Third Wednesday: October 19
- Fourth Wednesday: October 26
- Second Wednesday: November 9
- Third Wednesday: November 16
- Fourth Wednesday: November 23
- Second Wednesday: December 14
- Third Wednesday: December 21
- Fourth Wednesday: December 28
While there are 3 payment dates for each month, only one applies to you based on what day of the month your birthday lands as noted previously.
SSI: When will I get my SSI check?
SSDI claimants who filed before 1997
Those that began collecting payments prior to 1997 will see their checks on the third of each month.
If it lands on a holiday, it will be paid the business day immediately before the holiday.
- Jan. 3
- Feb. 3
- March 3
- April 1
- May 3
- June 3
- July 1
- Aug. 3
- Sept. 2
- Oct. 3
- Nov. 3
- Dec. 2
Social Security: Tips to know before you claim benefits
SSI payments are sent on the first of every month unless that day is a holiday.
This means it will be sent immediately before that date, making some months double payments with others have no payments.
- Feb. 1
- March 1
- April 1
- April 29
- June 1
- July 1
- Aug. 1
- Sept. 1
- Sept. 30
- Nov. 1
- Dec. 1
- Dec. 30
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected]