18,885 cases of Lily’s Peppermint Flavor Baking Chips recalled after an error made the chips dangerous to some with a food allergy and those who avoid sugar.
The FDA-posted recall notice states some consumers noticed white candy pieces in the baking chip, which were sold only at Walmart stores.
The notice states “The white-disc-shaped candy pieces contain soy lecithin, sugar and other ingredients that are not present in Lily’s Peppermint Flavor chips. Individuals with a severe allergy to soy should not consume this product.”
The impacted lot codes include codes starting with
- BB and are 1/24/2023 BS through 1/28/2023 BS
- 1/31/2021 BS through 2/04/2023 BS
- 1/25/2023 AS through 1/28/2023 AS
- 1/31/2023 AS through 2/04/2023 AS
- 1/25/2023 CS through 1/27/2023 CS
- 2/01/2023 BS through 2/03/2023 BS
In the case that you need to return the baking chips for a refund you can do so at the store you purchased them at. Or you can fill out this contact form.