Since last week, the seven day average for new hospitalizations has decreased 13.6%.
38.9% decrease in new cases over the last seven days.
Yesterday New York had 168 COVID-19 deaths statewide.
Updates from Governor Hochul
Governor Hochul said, “we hope to close the books on this winter surge soon…as numbers continue to move in the right direction, we need to remain vigilant against the winter surge by getting the vaccine and boosters, continuing to use masks, and staying home if you feel sick, so we can keep our fellow New Yorkers safe. Let’s not undo all of the progress we’ve made.” You can read more here.
Listed below is a compilation of data from today:
- Test Results Reported – 178,771
- Total Positive – 22,312
- Percent Positive – 12.48%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 15.04%
- Patient Hospitalization – 11,928 (+177)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 1,160
- Patients in ICU – 1,569 (-33)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 890 (-10)
- Total Discharges – 256,630 (882)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 168
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 51,013
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data when it is reported by hospitals, nursing homes, and adult care facilities.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 63,553
- Total vaccine doses administered – 35,084,862
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 51,258
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days – 570,756
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 90.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 81.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 95.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 83.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 79.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 70.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 86.1%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 73.0%
7-day average percentage of positive test results reported over the last three days in the Finger Lakes region
Saturday, January 15, 2022 – 18.53%
Sunday, January 16, 2022- 18.21%
Monday, January 17, 2022- 17.83%
The Finger Lakes region has had an increase of 21,366 people receive an additional shot/booster.