It’s likely you’ve at least heard of Workday before. And although it’s not quite as synonymous with its particular field as “Googling” or “Zooming,” there’s a possible future world where people talk about “Workdaying” for better business outcomes.
As you can probably tell by the name, Workday is all about improving just that: how people perform their jobs. This is based around a suite of software applications that help boost efficiency and analysis—particularly in finances, human resources, and employee lifecycle management. Although, Workday’s current offerings can be applied to just about every department within an enterprise.
While those who’ve used Workday know it’s one of the most capable platforms out there, it can be difficult to convince someone of this when they’ve never used it before. This is especially true when there are so many platforms out there aiming to be the best in this realm. These are a few benefits of Workday that set it apart from the pack:
- Applications are integrated for better performance – The more your organization can bring data and information together, the easier it becomes to extract insights and realize efficiencies.
- More affordable than other options – As a cloud-based suite of enterprise applications, Workday costs less to deploy and maintain than much of what’s available. This makes Workday services more attainable for a wider range of organizations.
- Constant improvement – Workday is known for taking ongoing updates and system improvements very seriously. This is beneficial for customers, as you’re going to be continually getting a better version of something that already provides immense value.
All these things about Workday should create a positive image of the platform. At the same time, however, the best things in life often require a lot of hard work. In this vein, you’re only going to maximize your value extraction from Workday if you put some effort into making this a reality. Finding a Workday implementation partner is one of the best ways of accomplishing this. Here’s what to expect from a Workday implementation partner.
Why Seek Out a Workday Implementation Partner?
Deploying a serious suite of applications like Workday isn’t something you do on a random Monday morning and expect results by that afternoon. Effective Workday implementation can take weeks or months, and will require ongoing maintenance in order to guarantee correct calibration and optimal performance. This is where a Workday implementation partner comes into play.
When you partner with a consulting firm, you’re going to have the expertise of people who have done nearly the exact process many times before. Even if you have a great internal IT team, they’re not going to be able to deploy Workday with anywhere near the skill and precision as a Workday implementation partner.
Furthermore, a Workday implementation partner can help cut down on deployment time, which means your enterprise can start realizing return on its investment sooner. With clear operational and financial incentives to finding a Workday implementation partner, you just have to find the right one.
What to Expect from a Workday Implementation Partner
No two Workday implementation partners are going to be identical. At the same time, there are a few characteristics you should seek out in a Workday partner to ensure you’re getting the best possible quality of service. Here are a few of these features:
- A large, known organization – You don’t want to entrust your Workday implementation to an unproven agency. Even if they offer a slightly better rate, you’re setting yourself up for a huge opportunity cost if the organization doesn’t deliver to the same degree as a more renowned one.
- Utilize all of Workday’s potential – Even if you only need Workday for a few defined things, you want to get as much value from the platform as possible. A great Workday implementation partner will show you exactly how to use each piece, which will improve your operations while also potentially cutting out redundancies with other systems.
- Management capabilities – Keeping Workday up and running the right way is a job in itself. You’ll want a Workday implementation partner that has a proven track record of not just getting companies off the ground with Workday, but keeping them in flight.
- Maximize ROI – Ultimately, you need software and services to provide a bottom-line incentive. Find the Workday implementation partner that will help you boost Workday ROI to the greatest degree, and you’ll enjoy the dividends of this investment over time.
There are a variety of organization that provide Workday implementation services. Finding the best Workday partner for your enterprise will allow you to enjoy the full benefits of this amazing platform.