The Hobart College soccer team and Nazareth University played to a 1-1 draw in a non-conference contest on Cozzens Field this afternoon. With the draw, the Statesmen are now 1-3-1 on the season while the Golden Flyers are now 4-0-1.
Senior Sam Lescher scored the goal for Hobart. Graduate student Ry Cohen played all 90 minutes in goal and made one save.
Jake Pawlika scored for Nazareth. Patrick Larkin played all 90 minutes in goal for the Golden Flyers, making four saves.
- Hobart dominated the stat sheet, finishing the game with a 16-4 advantage in shots, including 7-0 in the second half.
- The Statesmen held an 8-4 edge in corner kicks.
- Hobart extended its unbeaten streak to 14 games against Nazareth. The Statesmen are 20-11-4 all-time against the Golden Flyers.
- Nazareth opened the scoring in the 12th minute. Pawlika chipped a crossing pass from Drew Decker across the goal line for his fifth goal of the season.
- Hobart tied the game in the 42nd minute. Lescher drilled a shot from just outside the 6-yard box into the lower left-hand corner of the cage. Griffin Patterson was awarded an assist on the goal after his subtle heel flick set up Lescher’s shot.
- Hobart nearly opened the scoring in the fifth minute on Nolan Fierro’s free kick. His shot was smothered by Larkin.
- In the 22nd minute, Quinn Phillips curled a shot on goal from the top of the 18-yard box, but Larkin dove to his left to make the save.
- In the 41st minute, Frederick Madsen ripped a shot off the right goalpost.
- In the second half, Hobart amped up the pressure, but Larkin and the Golden Flyers’ defense was up to the task keeping the Statesmen off the board.
The Statesmen will be back in action on Saturday, Sept. 16, when it takes on the seventh-ranked University of Rochester. The game is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.