The Clyde Fire Department responded to a reported car rollover and potential fire in the town of Galen around 1:20 p.m. on Sunday.
Upon arrival, the first responders confirmed that all individuals were safely out of the vehicle. The car, initially reported as aflame, was found smoking with a minor fire under the hood. Firefighters quickly put out the flames and disconnected the vehicle’s power.
One individual sustained minor injuries and was promptly treated at the scene by emergency personnel. Once stabilized, the patient was handed over to family members present. Following the incident, the road was temporarily closed to facilitate the car’s removal. After ensuring the area was clear of debris, all emergency units departed.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].