Skip to content
Home » News » New York State » Poll says 70% of New Yorkers are happy living here: Don’t ask the other 30% though

Poll says 70% of New Yorkers are happy living here: Don’t ask the other 30% though

  • / Updated:
  • Staff Report 

A recent poll conducted by Siena College has found that 70% of participants are content with living in New York, while the remaining 30% wish to reside elsewhere. According to Don Levy, the director of the Siena College Research Institute, a significant majority of New Yorkers believe the state offers a high quality of life. However, 31% of the respondents plan to relocate upon retirement.

[AD]

The poll also reveals a near-even split in perceptions of crime safety among respondents. Approximately 51% of those surveyed feel safe from crime, while 49% report feeling somewhat unsafe or entirely unsafe.

Furthermore, the poll highlights that over 70% of participants rate New York as excellent or good in terms of available leisure activities, emphasizing the state’s attractiveness in terms of recreational opportunities.

[CALL-TO-ACTION]

Categories: New York StateNews