The New York State Fair is underway.
If you’re looking for some fun things to do this weekend, there are regular daily events, as well as a number of must see attractions.
Attendance was down slightly on Day #2 from Day #1 this year. On Thursday, 48,591 people came out to the fair. That was down slightly from Wednesday’s 49,112. While some have pointed to smaller crowds being a disappointment for New York State, fairgoers will have a more enjoyable experience if the crowds stay smaller than pre-pandemic levels.
10 things to go do at the New York State Fair this year
FL1 Reporter Megan Hatch was at the fair on Thursday — checking out everything old-and-new at the fair. There are plenty of longtime favorite attractions, as well as some new opportunities to experience different things.
Looking to plan your trip to the New York State Fair this weekend or beyond?
Check out the daily schedule for each of the remaining days. The below guides offer a complete look at events taking place at the fairgrounds this weekend and beyond.
- Day 4 – Saturday, August 27, 2022
- Day 5 – Sunday, August 28, 2022
- Day 6 – Monday, August 29, 2022
- Day 7 – Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Day 8 – Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Day 9 – Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Day 10 – Friday, September 2, 2022
- Day 11 – Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Day 12 – Sunday, September 4, 2022
- Day 13 – Monday, September 5, 2022
Josh leads the content team focusing on strategy and growth. Previously he served as a general assignment reporter, then news director before accepting his current role. You can still find his byline on FingerLakes1.com as he reports on assorted political issues. Have a question? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.