Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital’s Mammography department recently underwent an FDA Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) inspection. This act established national quality standards for mammography.
Under MQSA, each facility providing mammography services will be inspected at least annually for the following:
- Equipment performance
- Quality Assurance (QA) records
- Quality Control (QC) records and tests
- Technologist tests
- Medical physicist’s annual survey report
- undergoing an annual inspection conducted by an MQSA inspector
- Mammography equipment evaluations, if any
- Personnel qualification records
- Medical records (mammography reports and films) and lay summaries
- Medical audit and outcome analysis records
Janice Rumsoke, BHA, ARRT RMCT, Radiology Supervisor, states “by achieving this positive inspection, it demonstrates our commitment to our patients and our community to provide them with the highest level of safe and quality care”.