The Yates County Chamber’s Growth Series program helps local businesses and organizations on hot topics they deal with on a day-to-day basis. Taking place at different locations around the county, the seminar’s feature expert speakers to present on each topic.
“Hiring for the Busy Season & Retaining Your Employees” is scheduled for Wednesday, April 13th from 3-5pm at the Dundee Library Community Room. Joe Davis, Employment & Training Programs Supervisor from the Yates County Workforce Development office will be the presenting speaker. The following topics will be discussed:
Hiring for the Busy Season:
- What the historically low unemployment rate really means about job seekers.
- How to reach targeted populations for seasonal jobs
- Virtual career fairs, High School career fairs, using Handshake, social media, flyers, etc.
- Why people are deciding not to work/why should they work for you?
- Emotional Intelligence and the bigger picture.
- Competitive wages vs. convenience vs. flexibility
Registration is required for the event by visiting www.yatesny.com or calling the Chamber at 315-536-3111. Registration for Chamber Members is $20 and non-chamber members is $30. Refreshments will be provided.
The next Growth Series will be on June 30th, 12-2pm at Lakeside Country Club, titled “Engaging & Telling Your Non-Profit Organization’s Story”. Growth Series is made possible by the generous sponsorships of Lyons National Bank and Keuka College.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].