Skip to content
Home » Valentine's Day » IRS: Where is my Letter 6419 or 6475 from the IRS?

IRS: Where is my Letter 6419 or 6475 from the IRS?

As Americans prepare their taxes, some are realizing they may still be missing important tax documents necessary for filing their return with the IRS.

tax return forms to submit to the IRS for child tax credits or stimulus payments

There are two letters regarding the child tax credit and the stimulus payments that people received in 2021.

Some people have stated that they never received theirs.

The letters in question are called Letter 6475 and Letter 6419.

They contain details surrounding advanced payments sent for child tax credits and what’s called the recovery rebate credit, or stimulus checks. The details help you determine what you’re eligible to claim on your return this year.

Letter 6419, for child tax credits, started going out in Dec. and Letter 6475 for stimulus checks began going out in Jan.

IRS: Keep these tips in mind while filing tax returns

What to do when missing letters from the IRS

If you haven’t received the letters you need, you can wait a bit longer.

It’s suggested to file as soon as possible to diminish the possibility of identity theft, but it’s important you submit a correct tax return to avoid delays.

You have until April 18, 2022 to submit your refund.

Stimulus: Can the IRS tax my stimulus check payments?

You may also request 6 month extensions when you need them.

First, make sure if you moved you changed your mailing address, as well as making sure your mailing address is correct.

Call the IRS or visit your local office to inform them of an address change.

You may also mail the IRS a notification letting them know of the changes.

Be sure to include your full name, new and old addresses, date of birth, and SSN, ITIN, or EIN.

You may contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

Child tax credit worth $3,600 will impact 2021 tax returns

What if I want to file with the IRS without my letters?

According to The Sun, you may still file your taxes and don’t necessarily need the letters to find the information you need.

You can check your bank statements for the payments you received if you used direct deposit.

The child tax credit portal through the IRS also contains the information you’re looking for.

For stimulus payments, you can look at your Economic Impact Payment Information section on your tax records account.

You’ll need your ID and last tax return to set up your tax record account.

The most important thing to do is to be sure any information you report is the correct number, otherwise you run the risk of delaying your processing and refund for months.

Categories: News