In her daily COVID-19 briefing Friday, Governor Kathy Hochul said the positive test percentage in the state has fallen below 10% for the first time since December 10.
The rolling seven day average positivity in what the state considers the Finger Lakes region, which includes Monroe County, was 16.03% on Thursday.
“For the first time since December 20, New York State’s percent positivity is in the single-digits,” Governor Hochul said. “I want to thank New Yorkers for doing the right thing to get where we are in fighting this winter surge. However, this isn’t the time to take our foot off the gas. Let’s keep using the tools – the vaccine, the booster and masking up – to further bring the numbers down and keep our vulnerable loves ones safe from this virus.”
Asked if she might consider rolling back the state’s indoor mask mandate, the Governor said “I’d be negligent if I said now on a certain date something is going to happen. I think people respect that. I’m not going to operate in a vacuum. We’re going to have data and experts and people who know a lot about what the next trends are, but I am really looking forward to lifting them—I truly am.”
Today’s data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported – 290,107
- Total Positive – 28,296
- Percent Positive – 9.75%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 12.27%
- Patient Hospitalization – 11,016 (-354)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 1,357
- Patients in ICU – 1,548 (-35)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 880 (-5)
- Total Discharges – 261,073 (1,706)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 154
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 51,532
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 64,120
- This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered – 35,329,715
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 81,968
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days – 518,068
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 90.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 81.5%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 95.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 84.0%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 79.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 71.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 86.7%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 73.4%