In this episode, I talk with Chuck about money under the American Rescue plan for:
- $50,000 of funding for the Tubman Bicentennial Celebration of 2022;
- $50,000 of funding for a multi-media marketing campaign from 2022 to 2024 entitled “Visit Auburn Initiative”
- $250,000 to Auburn Public Theater, 8 Exchange Street;
- $250,000 to Seward House Museum, 33 South Street;
- $250,000 to Cayuga Museum of History & Art, 203 Genesee Street;
- $250,000 to Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center, 205 Genesee Street; and
- $250,000 to Willard Memorial Chapel (C/O- Community Preservation Committee), 17 Nelson Street
A public hearing was set for January 27 to discuss the city’s Community Development Block Grant Action Plan.
The council voted 4-1 to approve a change order for $977, 900 for the biosolid dryer and other improvements at the wastewater treatment facility. Councilor Locastro voted against the measure.
The council asked the Governor to develop, adopt and implement without further delay a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) comprehensive watershed clean-up plan for Owasco Lake and that the NYS DEC’s draft 2022 303(d) Impaired Waterbody Registry be changed to classify Owasco Lake accordingly.