At our facility, we often reinforce the behavior of keeping our minds on our path. Kids rushing from one activity to the next and often with a screen in their gaze, it can be challenging for youngsters to remember that behavior. Our grown up behaviors are the best example to help our kids to be safe, and keep their minds on their paths.
The following are a few safe driving tips especially around school zones and neighborhoods where kids are present.
– Be mindful of school pick up and drop off times.
– Watch for bicycles darting between lanes.
– Never pass vehicles in no passing zones or around school zones as children could be crossing through blind spots.
– Avoid blocking crosswalks creating a blind spot.
– Be ready to stop for school buses preparing to load or unload.
Have a letter to the editor, op-ed, or other piece of content you’d like to see published on FingerLakes1.com? We’re here to help! Submit it to [email protected] with your contact information and we’ll publish it in our new ‘Community Voices’ section.