Nine Finger Lakes Region Republican County Chairs announced their support of Lee Zeldin for Governor over the weekend. The Chairs of Monroe, Ontario, Allegany, Steuben, Livingston, Wayne, Yates, Seneca, and Schuyler Counties endorsed Zeldin to be the Republican nominee to take on Gov. Andrew Cuomo in 2022.
A native of Long Island, Zeldin served in the U.S. Army on active duty for four years and is currently a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve. He ran his own law practice until his election to the New York State Senate in 2010. In 2014 Zeldin was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives representing New York’s 1st Congressional District.
After meeting with Republican County Chairs in Albany on April 19, the Leaders endorsed the candidacy of Rep. Zeldin for Governor. Those who endorsed include:
- Ontario County GOP Chairwoman & NYGOP Regional Vice-Chair Trisha Turner
- Monroe County GOP Chairman Bernie Iacovangelo
- Allegany County GOP Chairman Dwight “Mike” Healy
- Steuben County GOP Chairman Joe Sempolinski
- Livingston County GOP Chairman John Pauer
- Wayne County Chairwoman MaryAnne Nicosia-McCarthy
- Yates County GOP Chairman Jack Prendergast
- Seneca County GOP Chairman Thomas Fox
- Schuyler County GOP Chairman Larry Jaynes
“Party Leadership is witnessing an impressive groundswell of support for a strong and viable candidate to challenge Gov. Cuomo. Lee Zeldin is answering the call, giving hope for a candidate that inspires a real grassroots movement leading to success in 2022. New Yorkers are ready to take back their state from the radical policies and politicians who have eroded their state,” Turner said.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].