TONIGHT’S GAME OVERVIEW
- The Rochester Americans open their historic 65th season in the American Hockey League – and 39th as the primary affiliate of the Buffalo Sabres – tonight when they host the North Division rival Utica Comets at The Blue Cross Arena.
- The 7:05 p.m. matchup will be the first of 14 scheduled meetings between the two teams this season.
- The game will be carried live on The Sports Leader 95.7 FM/950 AM ESPN Rochester as well as AHLTV. Tonight’s Home Opener will also be televised live locally on CW Rochester channel 16.
|AMERKS LINE CHART
OPENING THE SEASON
- The Amerks enter the new campaign with a 39-19-6 all-time home-opening record and have outscored their opponents 263-203 dating back to when the puck first dropped on Rochester’s inaugural season in 1956.
- Additionally, Rochester enters its 65th season with a 33-24-7 all-time record in season-opening games, outscoring its opponents 240-219 over the past 64 years.
- Tonight’s Home Opener marks the ninth straight year in which the Amerks have opened the season on home ice.
- The Amerks have scored six or more goals in six of their last nine home-opening wins dating back to an 8-5 victory over the Toronto Marlies to begin the 2005-06 season.
- Rochester has won five of its last six season-opening contests dating back to the 2014-15 season.