While all have been social distancing, stopping the germs, and now donning face covers, this can all be overwhelming emotionally and mentally. Mental health care during the COVID-19 outbreak will be important for our overall well being now and when the outbreak is over.
6 tips for mental health care:
- Avoid speculation – Follow official health agency sources such as the CDC.
- Keep going on hygiene advice – hand washing with soap and water, facial covers when in public and stay home if you are ill.
- Stay connected – Reach out to friends and family on a regular basis. A voice call works wonders.
- Stick to your daily routine – Stay active, eat a healthy diet, and enjoy time relaxing.
- Talk with your family – Have conversations about the outbreak, but avoid overly focusing on it.
- Manage how you follow the outbreak – Stay informed and set limits to news consumption.
Safety Moment is a monthly feature written by Kyle Black of Seneca Meadows.