While all have been social distancing, stopping the germs, and now donning face covers, this can all be overwhelming emotionally and mentally. Mental health care during the COVID-19 outbreak will be important for our overall well being now and when the outbreak is over.
6 tips for mental health care:
- Avoid speculation – Follow official health agency sources such as the CDC.
- Keep going on hygiene advice – hand washing with soap and water, facial covers when in public and stay home if you are ill.
- Stay connected – Reach out to friends and family on a regular basis. A voice call works wonders.
- Stick to your daily routine – Stay active, eat a healthy diet, and enjoy time relaxing.
- Talk with your family – Have conversations about the outbreak, but avoid overly focusing on it.
- Manage how you follow the outbreak – Stay informed and set limits to news consumption.
Safety Moment is a monthly feature written by Kyle Black of Seneca Meadows.
Get the latest headlines delivered to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our Morning Edition to start your day. FL1 on the Go! Download the free FingerLakes1.com App for Android (All Android Devices) or iOS (iPhone, iPad).