Orange football fans got their first glimpse of Coach Dino Babers’ 2019 squad at the Carrier Dome this afternoon during “Spring Football Saturday” presented by AmeriCU. The celebration of Syracuse football featured the team’s annual scrimmage, as well as appearance by a host of past greats, including the 1966 backfield of Floyd Little, Tom Coughlin and Larry Csonka.
The format for the scrimmage was offense versus defense. No score was kept.
In all, Syracuse amassed nine total touchdowns. The offense racked up 566 total yards (402 passing, 164 rushing) and seven scores, including four through the air. The defense generated three turnovers, returning two of them for touchdowns. Six of the Orange’s scoring plays covered at least 30 yards. Read More
– Takeaways from the 2019 Syracuse spring football game (Daily Orange)
– Three takeaways from Syracuse football’s spring game (NunesMagician.com)
– Syracuse football: The hottest ticket in town? (NunesMagician.com)
– What did Dino Babers learn about Syracuse football this spring? (Syracuse.com)
– How many people showed up for Syracuse football spring game after 10-win year? (Syracuse.com)
– Syracuse football’s spring scrimmage features highlight grabs, flashy freshmen (Syracuse.com)