In an unusual incident on November 18 the Clyde Fire Department was dispatched to a call involving a traumatic injury caused by a deer antler.
The initial report at 8:22 a.m. indicated that a person had suffered a leg injury due to a deer antler.
Upon arrival, emergency crews discovered that the patient had accidentally tripped and fallen onto the deer antler, resulting in it impaling their leg.
The unique nature of the injury presented a challenge for the first responders. The fire department personnel immediately administered first aid and stabilized the patient while awaiting the arrival of medical emergency services.
Eastern Wayne EMS subsequently took over the patient’s care and transported them to a medical facility for further treatment.
Fortunately, the injuries sustained were deemed non-life-threatening.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].