The William Smith College soccer team and Vassar College played to a 0-0 draw in a Liberty League contest on Gordon Field this afternoon. With their seventh straight shutout, the Herons are now 10-0-4 overall with a 5-0-3 mark in conference play.
Kirsten Nelson played all 90 minutes in goal for William Smith. She made one save as she recorded her sixth shutout of the season.
Teresa Zimmer got the nod in net for the Brewers (8-3-4, 2-1-4). She made five saves.
- William Smith controlled the play, finishing the game with a 15-3 advantage in shots.
- The Herons held a 6-1 edge in corner kicks.
- William Smith is now 11-0-1 in Poughkeepsie and 24-1-3 all-time against Vassar.
INSIDE THE GAME
- In the 15th minute, Julia DiMenna had two dangerous scoring opportunities. She had one shot turned aside by a diving Teresa Zimmer. DiMenna collected her own rebound and quickly fired a shot on goal, that was swept off of the goal line by a Vassar defender.
- Late in the first half, Maggie Speckhart fired a shot off the crossbar.
- Julia Bragg’s shot in the 77th minute was turned aside by Zimmer.
- In the 88th minute, Seneca Blakely-Armitage’s shot just sailed over the crossbar.
William Smith will be back in action on Saturday, Oct. 28, when it heads to Canton, New York, to take on St. Lawrence. The game is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m.