On August 28 at approximately 12:19 p.m. first responders were dispatched to a house fire at 3171 Canoga Road in the town of Fayette.
Upon arrival, multiple fire departments collaborated to swiftly douse the flames. An elderly woman, who was in the house when the fire ignited, managed to exit safely and immediately dialed 911. She incurred no injuries from the incident.
The Seneca County Fire Investigation team has since examined the scene to pinpoint the fire’s origin. Preliminary findings suggest that an unattended outdoor candle was the probable cause. The house, unfortunately, suffered damage due to the fire.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].