At Seneca Meadows good housekeeping as it is a cornerstone of safely operating. The basics of good housekeeping must be part of our daily behaviors as we strive for zero incidents across the operational footprint of our facility. It is an easy fundamental behavior to also incorporate into our homes to help keep us safe.
5 housekeeping fundamentals for safety at home
- Keep exits, stairs and hallways clear of obstructions or obstacles.
- Store and stack boxes and books in an appropriate place.
- Store items once they are no longer being used to avoid hazards and clutter.
- Clean as you go, everyday.
- Perform a weekly walk through inspection and fix any deficiencies.
Kyle Black is the District Manager at Seneca Meadows Landfill located in Seneca Falls, New York.