Skip to content
DiSanto Propane (Banner)
Home » Wayne County » Galen » Firefighters respond twice to kitchen fire at Galen business

Firefighters respond twice to kitchen fire at Galen business

Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this story included details from a press release by the Clyde Fire Department that included information that was later removed. The story was updated after the Clyde Fire Department released an updated description of the events that occurred at the business.


The Clyde Fire Department responded twice to reports of a structure fire within an hour at a business in the town of Galen.


Upon arrival, the crews reported no visible signs of fire from the exterior of the building and proceeded with an investigation. They discovered that the fire had been extinguished by employees and was contained to an oven. The scene was then turned over to the employees and the business owner.

Shortly after, at around 9:53 am, the Clyde Fire Department was dispatched back to the same location for another kitchen fire. Once again, there were no signs of fire from the exterior of the building. The interior crews found a fire burning inside the stove and oven, behind the equipment. The firefighters quickly put out the fire using a dry chemical extinguisher, checked for any extension, and turned off the gas to the equipment.

The Clyde Fire Department extended its gratitude to all mutual aid responders, including Savannah, Rose, New York State Police, Clyde Galen Code Enforcement, and Eastern Wayne EMS, for their assistance during the incident.