Don’t try to thaw frozen pipes with a heat gun.
That’s the message from first responders and emergency personnel in Ontario County after a holiday weekend fire in Gorham.
First responders were called to a home on East Lake Road after a fire reignited after being put out.
Apparently the homeowners were attempting to thaw pipes with a heat gun and started a small fire.
The homeowner was able to put the fire out, but it reignited later. Firefighters from Canandaigua, Crystal Beach, Middlesex, and Rushville responded.
No injuries were reported.
FingerLakes1.com is the region’s leading all-digital news publication. The company was founded in 1998 and has been keeping residents informed for more than two decades. Have a lead? Send it to [email protected].