Weather conditions can change rapidly especially this time of year, and at our facility we are ready to pivot and adjust to these changing conditions. Our nimble behaviors can be employed at home and on the road, too so we can do everything possible to avoid a preventable incident.
- Scan walking paths for hazards.
- Park to avoid having to back up – pull through if possible.
- Use 3 points of contact when climbing or descending.
- Use a light touch on acceleration and braking.
- Leave extra room for maneuvering and extra time for appointments.
And most of all, slow down. The posted speed limits do not apply with snowy & icy road conditions. Braking ability, maneuverability and visibility are often reduced. Speed kills and we all want to get home safe.
Kyle Black is the District Manager at Seneca Meadows Landfill located in Seneca Falls, New York.